What is dhan-yog?Edit
A dhan-yog/dhana-yoga/dana yoga in jyotish means a position or a combination which produces wealth or money.
Generally, in a birth chart, these houses are all associated with the creation or accumulation of wealth:
- First / Atmasthana: your ego and your sense of self-possession.
- Second / Dhanasthana: "values", ranging from family value, to the accumulation of things of value.
- Fifth / Vikramasthana : creativity, artwork and craft, children, gambling, speculation and higher education.
- Eighth / Randhrasthana : sudden changes, inheritance, the resources of the spouse and the inlaws.
- Ninth / Dharmasthana : the so-called "luck-bringer": the highest levels of education - religious and spiritual.
- Eleventh / Vriddhisthana : elder siblings AND your social circle, individual income.
The planetary lords of these, and their relations to one another, and their planetary dignity and qualities all impact on the amount of wealth and money created in one's life: if they are properly placed and strong, then one can expect a greater degree of wealth and material gain.